Monday, March 15, 2010

Podorowsky Thompson & Baron Celebrates 70th Anniversary

I thought I would take the occasion of my 200th post to mention another milestone.  I am pleased to announce that the Connecticut law firm of Podorowsky, Thompson & Baron is celebrating its 70th anniversary this year.  (As well as our two year anniversary in the city of New Britain).

I was reminded of this fact today when I ran into a local bank teller.  Seeing the name of the firm gracing my check she remarked "small world, Leon Podorowsky was my grandfather's attorney."    I asked the bank clerk how she possibly remembered the name of her grandfather's attorney over so many years. "He was the one attorney who returned his phone calls." she replied. "That's hard to find these days.  Now how would you like your $1.85."

The comment had me thinking.  For the majority of his legal practice, attorney Podorowsky managed to return his calls within 24 hours courtesy of a rickety rotary phone he rented from the phone company.  It was something you could count on.  With i-phones, blackberries, e-mail, twitter, facebook, etc. what was my excuse?

The firm traces its roots back to 1940's Hartford when attorney Leon Podorowsky opened the doors to a small law practice on the city's bustling Main Street. Franklin Roosevelt was in the White House and the United States had not yet entered WWII. It was the beginning of a legal career that would span over five decades, outlasting 11 presidential terms.  A courthouse fixture for over half a century, Leon Podorowsky exemplified the ideal of what every attorney should aspire to become. He represented generations of members of the same family.  In an age of attorneys advertising on buses television, and the internet, Leon relied on word of mouth advertising. 

Not suprisingly, Attorney Podorowsky served as a mentor for many young lawyers, many of which made their own lasting marks in our profession.  I am surprised at how many attorneys I run into with a Leon Podorowsky story.  Apparently, he was a bit of a character and being a lawyer was in his blood.  Until his final days, he was working on cases from his hospital bed. 

Its a good lesson for attorneys.  A lack of communication is often cited as the major complaint clients have with their lawyers.  Now if you excuse me, there are a few phone calls I need to make.

4 comments:

Cliff Tuttle said...

Congratulations on the firm's anniversary and on your 200th post. Your founder did his job right and left you a legacy of client gratitude. People remember, but not always what you wish they wood. I fervently wish that someone will say the same thing about me a few decades hence, or better yet, tomorrow.

CLT

thennowh said...

see this here replica ysl Go Here high replica bags you can try this out louis vuitton replica

sheastesl said...

visitez cette page https://www .dolabuy.co cliquez pour en savoir plus répliques de sacs à main Ysl source utile Dolabuy Goyard

seshe said...

k5k79n2c24 t0r15a0u00 t1x70x7l15 d8o01c6z40 q6l10x4i43 k0s76g5e63&language=fr