If you ever watched a Mountain Dew commercial, you often see thrill seeking teens "doing the Dew." The commercials usually involve thrill seekers bungee jumping, skateboarding or skydiving on a snowboard into an avalanche while holding the green bottle full of liquid youth. Fifty two year old Ronald Ball wanted to "do the Dew." After purchasing a bottle from a vending machine, he alleges he got more than he expected.
Mr. Ball is suing Pepsi because he claims his Mountain Dew had a dead mouse inside. Along with a swig of the Dew, Ball took a mouthful of mouse causing him to become violently ill. A summary judgment hearing is scheduled for later this month in Madison, Illinois. Ball claims that he has evidence including witness testimony of individuals who saw him consume the mousey concoction. He sent the mouse to Pepsi in a mason jar for analysis.
In their response, Pepsi claims that there is no evidence the mouse was in the can before it was filled and sealed by the bottler. The company offered scientific evidence from a veterinary pathologist. The expert claimed there was no way the mouse could have been in the can. The acid in Mountain Dew would have disintergrated the mouse's body. Had a mouse been in the can, its body would have transformed into a "jelly-like substance" and the head and stomach would have ruptured. Mr. Ball is represented by Tom Keefe Jr. and Samantha Unsell.
As for me, I think I'll stick with bottled water.