Friday, January 4, 2013

A Little Disorder in the Court

Friday Funnies:
During a recent court appearance, I noticed my elderly client was carrying a tooth brush.  "What's that for?" I asked. "In case I have to go to jail" he replied.  Apparently, my nervous client was still a bit unsure of my legal abilities.  I assured him that he would be fine and I wouldn't let that happen.  His offense was only a minor traffic violation.  It gave me a chuckle and lightened my mood for the rest of the day. With all of the seriousness entailed in law practice, such humorous moments help me trudge on.  I enjoy these occasional stress relievers and have enough of these moments to write a book. 

Just the other day, I was standing before the judge when my client was asked "name and address?" The client replied "Judge, I don't know the address of the court. Maybe my lawyer knows."  The moment reminded me of a classic court scene from the 3 Stooges short "Disorder in the Court." So take off your hat, raise your right hand and put your left hand here. A little humor to end your work week.  Our thanks to Eilish Thompson for the find.