Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Mommy Dearest I would like to extend my warmest wishes this weekend for a Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. I owe my own success to my mother. For decades she tended to my scraped knees, stifling colds and broken hearts. As kids, my sister and I never wanted for anything. She made sure we experienced everything life had to offer. Music and language lessons, camping, travel, the arts...she wanted her kids to be well rounded and have advantages she did not have growing up. Mom scrimped and saved willing to forgo luxuries in order to help put me through college and law school. Studying for the bar exam, I moved home rent free in order to have a quiet place to study. When I wanted to hang my own shingle, mom took out a second mortgage on her house, even though she had just spent over thirty years paying it off. If it wasn't for my mom, I wouldn't be the lawyer........nay, the man, I am today. I almost feel bad for suing her..... Quick Practice Tip: Always hand out two business cards. The recipient will now have an extra to give to someone else.

No comments: